Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Thursday, October 16, 2014

October 6 & 13

October 6
So, since Elder K is the District Leader he has to go on exchanges with every companionship in the district once each transfer.  When he goes on exchanges, I become Senior companion and area leader.  This last week was weird though because my companion has only been out as long as I have been out.  I was a little worried about how our 24 exchange would go, but in the end, things went really well.  We visited everyone that we needed to.  After our dinner appointment, I wanted to see if we could contact some less active members that we haven't met.  I had all of their addresses so I knew where to stop.  As we were walking down the street, we were in front of the house that I wanted to stop at.  But I got the feeling to just keep walking.  So we did and I didn't tell Elder V that we were going past.  As we went a couple houses further down the street, a middle aged lady came running out of the house to see if we would go talk to her mother, because her mom saw us and wanted us to come in.  So we did.  The middle aged woman is a member in another ward, but I found out her parents aren't.  Her mom has cancer, and she wants us to keep visiting.  So there is potential for missionary work there!  It is cool to think that it was all possible because we didn't stop at the one house.  I love having experiences like that, it really strengthens your testimony!

Say hi to everyone in the family for me! And give my love to Rose (Axel).  I just referenced my dog with a good Johnny Cash song because I'm hardcore.

October 13
On Thursday night, the 16th, I will get my patriarchal blessing.  That is if everything works out.  I got all of my interviews done, but they can't figure out how to print my recommend for it since my records aren't with the ward.  We are trying to figure out how to do it at the mission office.  Hopefully it all works out!
Read Mosiah 2:41
It's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment