Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, March 22, 2015

A little October and November!


October 15, 2015

This past week has went really well.  Our numbers went really well.  We worked hard and we were able to meet a couple of new people.  We got the program all done for the baptism of the Walser boys.  Hopefully everything goes well!  So a funny thing happened yesterday.  In another wards sacrament meeting, one of the members had a sister and brother in law who were visiting from Orem.  They saw us and wanted to talk to us.  We got to know each other.  One of the questions was where we were from.  So I said the Tremonton/Snowville area.  He then said his family was from up there from the Blue Creek area.  I was like I have some family that grew up there (Grandpa Dean).  He said there were a few Andersen's up there at the time se we might be related.  Then I asked if he was related to Hans Andersen?  He chuckled and said that was his name!  So he had the name passed down to him! So I can say that I found a relative on the mission!
Well that is all that I have for you this week! Keep sending me letters, because right now I guess I am holding the record for mail received through the mission office, so keep it up! It is not a bad problem to have!

October 27, 2015
So today has been a very busy day!  I actually had to do transfers today.  Elder Knighton and I were pretty good buds, so it was a little hard to see him go.  But I think it is a major growing opportunity for me, I will be leading the area (still junior companion) because I know everyone here.  
The baptism on Saturday went extremely well.  We were a little nervous when we showed up there to the Stake Center and N was saying that he did not want to get baptized.  But he did!  The first time he did a freaking sweet Hi-Stepper kick with his leg out of the water.  I'm pretty sure he even pointed his toes! haha  It was funny we told him we had to do it again  and he was asking why.  After he came up the second time he said "Did I do it better that time?" It made me smile! L did a great job as well.  It was great seeing our hard work pay off!

November 3, 2015

Hey! So this week has been pretty casual.  Stayed busy making our regular visits.  Right now, we don't have any progressing investigators, which is kind of a bummer, but that happens I guess.  We just got to keep working hard and who knows what will happen!  There is a family though that I've seen their kids a couple of times.  The kids are in their 20's and the one has a Honda 450.   So I got along really well with him.  I asked him if he raced and he said he didn't really like Motocross stuff, but he liked desert stuff.  Then we clicked haha!  I told him I've been and raced Idaho City and he thought that was awesome!  They are strong Christians, but we will see if we can get something going there!
How is my dog doing?  Does he miss me at all?

November 10, 2015

This week has been pretty good!  I'm finally getting used to all of the changing up that has taken place, which is nice.  We were able to get quite a bit of work done in our area which is really nice.  This week were able to finally meet a referral that we had received about 2 months ago.  They don't belong to any religion at all, but after talking a while to the mother, she told us that she wanted her kids to learn about God.  We told her we could help with that.  It was funny because we were just talking with her on her doorstep, then we found out they race dirt bikes so we talked about that forever.  I think that is what built the trust.  Then she took us to their garage to look at their bikes.  That's when she told us she wanted her family to learn about God.  She said she doesn't believe in some of the things that "Mormons" believe, but I'm sure they are just rumors that we will be able to answer with the discussions.  So that will be awesome to get something going there!  Write me more letters please!

Elder Eliason's birthday was November 14.  This was a picture of him in his new coat!  
Thanks to Linda & Shad Christensens (the sweet people he lives with) for taking such great care of him on his birthday!  With a party and cake and videos that I am trying to figure out how to share! :)

November 17, 2015

Things are pretty good!  I'm still having fun and still learning a lot!  It has been really cold this week just you know!  My nose hairs have been freezing!
I had an experience that can be greatly explained by the Book of Mormom.  We know that the descendants of Lehi were righteous as well as wicked.  They were righteous when they were living the Gospel and following Christ's teachings.  But there were times when they weren't careful and paying attention, and a great number of them fell into wickedness as they strayed from having faith in Christ.  Likewise, I quit paying attention to the icy road we were walking on our way to dinner.  I slipped and fell!  It hurt, I landed right on my hip!  When we fall, we can always get back up and if we need help it'll always be there!
Well have a great week!

November 24, 2015

This past week was a little slow, but that's alright.  I had fun though.  I went on exchanges with Elder Richardson who is from Draper, Utah.  He is awesome and loves to have good fun.  We helped the Spanish elders for some time that day.  This week the temperature sure was nice.  Makes my chances of falling become a little more slim.  We also had Zone Conference which is pretty cool.  I got a haircut today at Sports Clips.  That place is awesome they even massaged my head!  Well have a great week! Love ya be safe!
Key to all the underlinings ...Always Be Positive
PS Happy Thanksgiving



No comments:

Post a Comment